Just a friendly reminder, Splendid provides Yearbook Order Envelopes for all of your students. If you have not already done so, go to
Request Yearbook Order Envelopes to make your request.
If you have any questions feel free to contact me!
800-230-4602 Ext. 2120
Turn your book into a PDF so that others may revise and approve
How to Create a PDF in Pictavo
Go to your Ladder View and click on the small PDF icon. Select the range of pages you want exported or select “All Pages”. Next, click on “Send” and you will be prompted to save on your computer.
How to Create a PDF in EZBook
Go to the File menu and choose Print. Next, choose “EZBook PDF Printer” from the drop down menu. Choose how many pages you want in the PDF (or leave it set to “all”) and then click Print. This save a PDF of your book, Now you can open or print your EZBook yearbook on any computer with Adobe.
- Please note this does not export your book. The PDF is a separate file outside of the program to view or print.
Did you know that buy clicking on multiple items while holding the Shift Key, you can easily apply your effects to many items at the same time.
Not only is this a time saver, but this guarantees that multiple items will have the exact same effect settings.
A Green Box will appear around the multiple items you have selected.
In order for a double page spread to work properly, you must link the two pages together.
To do this, click the Link button on the “Business Bar” when both pages are on screen.
Under the Effects Icon, you can easily change the transparency of anything, even portrait images. For example, increasing the transparency of a background allows you to consider using a “busy” background that you may have not considered in the past.
Parent’s or members of your community can donate a yearbook to students who may not be able to purchase one. The program allows for donors to specify a student or “Let the School Decide”. You will receive notification when ever a yearbook is donated.
Learn more about this program and how it looks on your literature.
It’s time to start promoting and Splendid provides customized literature to help make this happen!
1. Parents can order using their credit card online or with a check or cash using a traditional Yearbook Order Envelope. Here’s what your literature would look like when there are 2 Ways To Order and what Online Ordering looks like.
2. Parents can order using just a traditional Yearbook Order Envelopes. Here’s what your How To Order literature would look like.
3. Parent can be asked to order just online so there is no Yearbook Order Envelope option. Here’s what Online Ordering looks like.
Request your Yearbook Order Envelopes from Splendid
Here’s how to add users:
1. Create Your User
Go to your Admin Tab and click on Add New User.
- If your new user is a student who does not have an email address then create a fictional email address, such as: Student1@SchoolName.org.
- Remember, this username is only used if a student submits a page for the adviser’s approval and cannot be replied to or used in any capacity outside of Pictavo.
2. Assign Your User to Pages
The next step is to assign new users access to pages. All users will be able to VIEW all pages but if they are not assigned to the page they are viewing they will not be permitted to make any changes.
- Go to your Ladder View.
- There are several small icons at the top of this view. Click on the Quick Assign icon circled in the image below.
- Next, select the user you want to assign pages to from the drop down list of users in the pop-up window. Now you can quickly assign them to all pages or to a selective range of pages.
Are you looking for different ways to flow your Portraits?
Perhaps you would like to flow the graduating class as a whole rather than by class. There is an easy way to do this in Pictavo and EZBook!
In EZBook when you go to flow your portraits all you need to do, flow as usual, when prompted choose flow by grade, then select the grade you want to flow.
Your last step is to make all of your specifications as you would on any flow. Be sure to have the flow go onto multiple pages so that the whole grade flows onto consecutive pages.
After you have everything set to your liking click NEXT and you are done!
In Pictavo there are a few different steps, they are as follows:
After all of your Portraits are uploaded (sorted by teacher) go to each graduating grades’ folder . Select all of the students in the class, then look at the bottom left where the information is kept. Now simply change the Teacher Name to say Graduating Class.
This will create a new folder called Graduating Class.
Do this for all of your graduating classes to get them all in the same folder.
Now you can flow the whole Graduating Class as one group while still keeping your lower grades sorted by teacher.
Many of you have already begun to see your Data Proofs arrive at your school. This year you will notice along with your background choices we are sending out “The Next Generation” pages. This paper reviews all of the reasons why Pictavo might be the Next Generation Yearbook Software you have been waiting for.
Here are a few key reasons you might want to consider upgrading to Pictavo.
- This upgrade is free of charge and you still receive the same great service and tech support from SplendidPortraits
- Browser baised software, NO NEED TO DOWNLOAD. This means faster software speeds.
- The ability to bold, underline, and italicize fonts just as you would in Microsoft Word.
- Hundreds more backgrounds, clip art, borders, fonts and colors. Everything EZBook has and MORE!
- All new built-in help feature, a digital manual right at your fingertips. This is really helpful for those 1 am questions that you need answers to right away.
- Community image upload. A place for parents and teachers to submit images for your consideration.
Let us know if you would like an activation code for Pictavo!